Thursday, November 06, 2003

I had a million excuses why I couldn't do yoga today -- it's raining, I don't want my yoga mat to get wet, the subway's running too slow, I'll be late, I'm dehydrated, I feel constipated, I exercised on Sunday, etc, etc ... so I'm afraid I'm not as inspirational as I aspired to be today.

Oh, I have a recipe for you, Liz -- I made whipped sweet potatoes the other day with lime and cayenne pepper -- to die for! the lime brings out such a tangy zesty flavor in the sweet potatoes -- an unexpected combo but it works -- just peel sweet potatoes, cut into 2" chunks and drop in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until soft, then put in a bowl and add some butter and a little milk to lighten them up a little, then add lime juice (about 1-2 TBSP for 3 potatoes) and 1 tsp of cayenne (or more if you really like it spicy) -- and then blend/puree in a food processor or with an electric blender -- um, um, goooooood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home