Thursday, May 13, 2004

A story of love

So, as I gathered, from detailed interviews with Diana, this is how it happened.

Diana: I woke up and had to unclog the toilet, it seems Todd had problems with his stomache from the night before, I made him his favorite, Chicken Cacciatorri.
Me: OK...
D: So there he was struggling to get out of bed and in a puking fit, he kicked me, in the kidney, so I fell down writhing in pain.
M: Really...???
D: Then the doorbell rang, it was room service, and neither of us could get up to answer the door.
M: And then...???
D: So the cleaning crew came in, of course they didn't see us right away because we were in the bedroom section, but they could hear us struggling (in our pain).
M: Oh yeah???
D: So this big fat Russian man comes in, holding the broom over his head like a weapon and sees me lying on the floor in tears, Todd is leaning menacingly, I guess, over me from the edge of the bed wearing only a towel...
M: MENACINGLY???
D: I guess, because then the Russian man proceeds to wack Todd with the broom...
M: NO!!!!
D: Yes! And then Todd loses it on the carpet...
M: NO!!!
D: Yes, all over the Russian man's shoes!
M: OH MY GOODNESS!!!
D: Well, apparently, the hotel was training new cleaning people because there was a whole crew behind him in the anteroom, all excitedly speaking Russian among themselves.
M: AND THEN WHAT!!!
D: Well then, I get up from the floor and try to stop the big Russian man from hitting on my poor Toddy.
M: Oh my...
D: Meanwhile, one of the cleaning people had called security..
M: OH MY!!!
D: Apparently, they thought we were recording some kind of dirty film because they saw Todd's cameras in the corner of the room...
M: Dirty film????
D: Yeah, and so Big Fat Russian Man motions for one of his people to get me away...
M: NO!!!
D: So this really nice and scared looking young lady rushes to me and pulls me out of the room...
M: And then!!!
D: I don't know exactly what happened next, but between the cops showing up...
M: NO!!!
D: And all the cleaning people shreiking excitedly...
M: And then!!!
D: And me being held down out in the hall shouting for Todd...
M: And then!!!
D: All I could hear was loud shouting in Russian coming from our room...
M: NO!!!
D: And every now and then, I could hear Todd's helpless heaving...
M: And then!!!
D: Well, eventually, Big Fat Russian man comes out, smiling, propping Todd up, who is weak with having puked all morning, comes to me and hugs me.
M: WHAT!!!
D: The nice lady who was watching over me translates his Russian..
M: ...
D: He is congratulating me for making my man strong by giving him poorly cooked chicken.
M: ?...
D: Before we get married...
M: !?...
D: To make him strong enough to stomache the difficulties of being a married man...
M: !?????...
D: This is when I notice that Todd is holding out this little box to me with a weak and beautiful smile...
M: And...???
D: And I opened the box...
M: AND!!!???
D: And in front of all these strangers, I jumped and hugged Todd and screeched, "YES!"
M: YES!!!???
D: YES!!!

Diana,
Please share with us whatever I left out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home