Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Just read the DaVinci Code.
I really enjoyed reading this one too! It was a fast read, I normally don't get into thriller/mysteries, had a bad experience with them when I was at HCCH. But this one was well done, quick, exciting and fun!

The pace of the book was such that the story threatened to veer out of control to crash and burn. I was afraid the author would be forced to bail out with some some cheesy, easy guess disclosure. But, fortunately, that never really happened. In any case, besides keeping me awake late with it's fast pace, I was continually intrigued with mind tickling anagrams and word puzzles. Although my curiousity was piqued with these superb word games, my devotion to the read was solidified with interesting anecdotes. Among these interesting tid-bits, I learned that Walt Disney was a member of the Masonic Service Association of North America.. Also, and most importantly, the unfolding of the mystery regarding the divine feminine.

Obviously, this is sensitive subject matter. There are many opposing views posted all over the web about the historical accuracy of the book and what constitutes Dan Brown's agenda for publishing it.

Personally, I enjoyed having my curiousity awakened enough to get me running to the nearest Borders books for some fun research.

Amber, this one's for you.

With this subject matter in mind, this is certainly a book for you to read, if you haven't yet.
A review of the Da Vinci Code by pop matters. Read more reviews.

Politics: I'm closest to Bugs Bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home