Thursday, March 18, 2004

Office Politics

For some reason or another, I have developed a reputation of being a prankster here in my office group of 15. I don't know where these ideas come from, but a result of this is that I am now the target of innovative acts.

On Monday of this week, I stayed home with Killito to care for him as he got over a weekend stomach virus. When I came back to the office on Tuesday, I couldn't find my stapler. It has great emotional value to me because my ex-boss gave it to me when I left my last job. Plus, it matches the desk he gave my husband.
SO
Here I am Tuesday morning asking the entire group at the top of my voice over the cubicle walls if they had my stapler. No one responded. As it turned out, I had missplaced it , then I found it later that day.
SO
Wednesday was Admin Asst day. My boss took me to lunch with the other admins and we had a blast. When I got back to the office, I found an email in my inbox from one called, Stanley Stapler. I didn't open the email right away because I thought it could be a virus. So I ignored it for a while. About an hour later, I couldn't find my stapler. So I looked all over the floor thinking I missplaced it again and then it occured to me to check the evil email.
I did.
And this is what I found

-----Original Message-----
From: Stanley Stapler [mailto:mrstanleystapler@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:23 PM
To: Chavez, Carolina
Subject: Lunch


How was your lunch today?? Mine was good...a grilled cheese!

Love, Stan the Stapler

_________________________________________________________________
Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and
safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home