Tuesday, November 25, 2003

my love has high cholesterol



So one of the things that my lovely husband learned when he was sick is that he has high cholesterol. Now he can't enjoy all the junk food he grew up on. I offered to make him some white rice with stir fried broccoli (mostly steamed) and he almost cried.
It broke my heart too, but we are both eating healthier as a result.
Last night, we had baked chicken, spinach salad, asparagus and steamed potatoes. For desert, we languished by the fireplace and enjoyed some cholesterol free white cake with mexican hot chocolate with skim milk, yummm, and watched Terminator 3.

I love winter. I wish it was cold longer here. This way I could justify investing in some really nice and fun sweaters and coats.
But no luck.
Texas can be so drab.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home