Monday, May 24, 2004

Sex & Pregnancy

I think Robbins' new book, Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates, is more readable than Skinny Legs and All -- his style has evolved and is more subtle yet still provocative without having to cram it down your throat so much ... I still love his old works too for their sheer imaginative force, but, much like Salman Rushdie, it can be a bit much for many people.

Hmmmm, no Robbins is not a virgo, he's on the Cancer/Leo cusp -- maybe not so much like you, after all, Carol ...

So let's talk about pregnant sex -- is it just me or do you have a lot less of it when you're prego?? I'm not sure what it is -- could be the belly interfering with the comfort level of the favorite position ... or the fact that Anthony is anxious about hurting the baby, or the fact that when he looks at me now he sees "mother of my child," instead of "hot chick" -- or the fact that we are closer than ever emotionally but both our sex-crazed hormones seem to have subsided substantially, maybe it's the fact that our evolutionary directive has been met for the time being ...

Also, another question for you girls: how long is the recovery period after birth?? I signed up to teach classes at the botanic gardens 6 weeks after the baby arrives (just one Saturday here and there for a few hours, not back to work full-time) -- that's enough re-coup time, right?? Were you ready to get out of the house on your own by then, Carol? I imagine I'll be feeling pretty stir-crazy by then, considering I rarely sit still for a minute in my free time and usually work 7 days a week even now ...

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home